Find out if getting dental implants is the right option for your missing tooth or teeth.
No one wants to deal with gaps in their smile and yet millions of American adults deal with it on a regular basis. If you are one of them, then you may be combing the Internet looking for the right tooth loss treatment to fit your needs. Well, today is your lucky day! From the office of our Orange City dentist Dr. Andrew Yoon, find out if dental implants could replace your missing teeth for life.
About Dental Implants
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically embedded into the jawbone where they function just like tooth roots. What makes these implants different from other tooth replacements is that they fuse together with bone and tissue to become a permanent structure. This means an implant can last several decades if you maintain good oral health.
Implants can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. A single dental implant firmly supports a dental crown or, if you are missing several teeth, multiple implants can be placed to hold a dental bridge or full set of dentures in place.
Whether You’re Right for Implants
Your Orange City cosmetic dentist will only be able to truly determine whether dental implants are right for you by performing a thorough physical exam. However, here are some of the factors that go into making you the right candidate for dental implants:
- Maintain good oral health and have healthy teeth, gums and jawbone
- Have enough jawbone density to support the implant
- Are dedicated to caring for your new implant
- Have not been diagnosed with a chronic condition like diabetes or cardiovascular disease (this can affect your body’s ability to heal properly)
- You are not currently undergoing radiation therapy or chemotherapy
- You are a non-smoker or you are willing to stop smoking prior to your treatment (smoking impedes healing and also increases your chances of implant failure)
- You are prepared to go through months of healing and treatments to get your new restoration
Ready to find out if you are the ideal candidate for this tooth loss treatment? Then it’s high time you scheduled a dental implant consultation at Cape Vista Dental in Orange City, FL. What are you waiting for?